Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue that I'd like some help with. I noticed in the last couple of days that the radio in my 2019 w/Technology package is deleting and/or changing the channels that I have stored in the memory buttons on the radio. I first noticed it with my Sirius in that it had deleted several stored channels and replaced them with channels that I never listen to. Thinking it might be a problem with the Sirius, I checked the FM settings, and yep - the channels were scrambled, some had been deleted, and there were "new" channels programmed. The system seems to hold the settings during the day and is changing them during the night evidently.

Has any one out there ever had this problem before? What might be causing this issue? Surely my battery is not getting weak - the car is only two years old for goodness sake! Any thoughts or ideas y'all have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I haven't had an issue with my 19 MDX I've had since Mar/19. It might be an issue with the head unit? I don't think the MDX would delete the stored pre-sets if you disconnect the battery? Do you have the same issue with both key fobs dropping pre-sets?

·
Registered
529 Posts
So one thing we notice in both my MDX and my wife's RLX is that if you're both in the car with 2 key fobs, the car sometimes gets confused about which settings it wants to use for the radio. What was confusing is that the radio doesn't always choose the same settings as the driver's seat settings. If you only have one fob in the car and this is happening, I can't help out. But if both fobs are in the car, it may be snagging the settings from the other fob. Just something to look at....

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I ended up setting the presets the same from both fobs because the MDX and my RLX would sometimes pick up the passenger's fob instead of the driver's fob. I haven't found an easy way to switch the info-tainment settings between fobs?

Reactions: txredhead56

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't had an issue with my 19 MDX I've had since Mar/19. It might be an issue with the head unit? I don't think the MDX would delete the stored pre-sets if you disconnect the battery? Do you have the same issue with both key fobs dropping pre-sets?
No - no problems with the key fobs. They seem to be working fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So one thing we notice in both my MDX and my wife's RLX is that if you're both in the car with 2 key fobs, the car sometimes gets confused about which settings it wants to use for the radio. What was confusing is that the radio doesn't always choose the same settings as the driver's seat settings. If you only have one fob in the car and this is happening, I can't help out. But if both fobs are in the car, it may be snagging the settings from the other fob. Just something to look at....
No, there is just one key fob - I generally use #1 and only use #2 as a backup, or when I have to leave the car at the dealers.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
How close are your key fobs stored to your MDX? Is it possible the MDX is picking up the second key fob and you don't have any pre-sets stored with key fob #2? Goes back to my issue of when my wife and I walk up to the Acura and it picks up her fob first when I'm the driver. I know it is her fob because the station presets are in a different order.

Side Note: some members had an issue storing the key fobs too close to the MDX and causing a battery drain. You probably wouldn't notice the extra power consumption if you drove the MDX everyday.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How close are your key fobs stored to your MDX? Is it possible the MDX is picking up the second key fob and you don't have any pre-sets stored with key fob #2? Goes back to my issue of when my wife and I walk up to the Acura and it picks up her fob first when I'm the driver. I know it is her fob because the station presets are in a different order.

Side Note: some members had an issue storing the key fobs too close to the MDX and causing a battery drain. You probably wouldn't notice the extra power consumption if you drove the MDX everyday.
I carry the #1 key fob in my pocket, and when I am at home, it is in my bedroom on my dresser. I live in an apartment on the third floor, so it is quite a ways from the car. The #2 ket fob hangs on the wall in my kitchen with my other house keys, so it is also quite some distance from the car. I noticed today that when I went out to leave, the station settings were just as I had set them previously. I had not driven the car in a couple of days - I don't always drive it every day. Anyway, I guess I'll just keep an eye on this and if it continues I will take it in to the dealer. It is still under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts