Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our battery replaced yesterday by AAA. Now we can not activate the GPS or radio because the code for the anti-theft does not work. I've entered it repeatedly and there is no feedback, sound or alert that the code is being entered, or even a message that it is incorrect. We bought the car CPO, and got the card with the manual, so all I can do is assume its the correct card/code.

Is this a trip to the dealer?! Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

MDX 2011 Advance

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
On some Honda products the code can only be entered 5 ( ?) times before display freezes. Try disconnecting battery negative post to reset radio.

good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
is there any chance the unit was replaced and the card was from the previous unit? Most Honda systems have a way to display the serial number so it can be used to retrieve the radio code from the website.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
If that was the case the radio will give you a ERROR message.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just ran into this same issue after disconnecting my battery to get rid of a CEL. I do not have the PIN so I wanted to try a generic 1,2,3,4, etc. When trying this there was no sound or anything to indicate that numbers were being entered. I pushed the stereo power button and a message on the stereo display said to enter code. I tried again and it said, "code error (1)"

Maybe try pushing the stereo power button first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have 2008 Acura MDX and have same problem, not getting any response as entering code. I have used this code numerous time and I know it is original code, there is something preventing me at this point to enter code all together ?
Has similar issue last time, I think it got fixed after disconnecting battery for something else but this time , that didn’t help . Any ideas, there must be something to bypass this issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
I JUST had the same problem yesterday and went to the acura dealer & he turned my car on (engine running) then pushed 1&6 on my radio and the code popped up. He then wrote down the code (8 digits...2 sets of 4) and plugged it into the radio code box on the acura website and POOF got the radio code. THEN i had taken a pic of the white sticker located under the passenger seat on my dvd player (located on the top middle of the unit) its hard 2 see but if you want to get the info without taking anything apart just slip your smart phone under and snap the pic. Then take the code (INCLUDING THE LETTERS & NUMBERS ....MINE WAS 3 LETTERS & 8 NUMBERS) go back to the acura website where you entered your radio code and enter this 11 digit (3 letter & 8 number) code into the navigation area and POOF it will spit out the 4 digit navi code!!! I was thrilled and wanted to share the info with anyone who needs it because I was very frustrated & told that acura charged to do this usually. I just got lucky!! Hope this helps someone!! Have a great day ;):)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts