and we'll see..

(loading the shot gun and glock)

:2:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
WHAT??????????????? :mad:

I am in Virginia, but I am almost 2 hours away from Richmond. :(

I guess next time I go down to richmond, I will drive my old Maxima, instead of the 'X.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm not usually an advocate of trying to change people's actions via taxation, but in this case I think raising the gas tax nationally would be a good idea. Say (as I put my asbestos suit on) about a dollar a gallon. We need to get away from using this petro-chemical so much. But let's face it, "gas-guzzling" SUVs are only part of the problem.

And the problem's much wider than the fuel being burned in our cars. The amount of environmental damage done by each American in their lifetime is astronomical, if from nothing else than from the amount of trash they generate. The truly comitted environmentalist would do the most good by checking themself out of the picture altogether. :D

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Terrorism in the US

Interesting - because of ELF (Earth Liberation Front), in the past year we've installed roughly $16,000 in security systems in our building, including magnetically locked door with ID scan cards, video monitors and police surveillance. Everyone who works here now wears an ID badge.

This is because we have become one of ELF's target sites - I work with hybrid poplars, among other things - ELF believes that plant breeding work violates some sort of laws of nature. Note that this is not for genetic engineering, but plant breeding, which started with Gregor Mendel in, oh, the 1830's. Colleagues of mine have had their labs torched, so we take this stuff seriously. Kind of ironic, though, as a field botanist, I never really considered myself a target for terrorism.

And now they're after my car, gimme a frigging break! :mad:

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
TYP said:
They can try that in LA,CA

and we'll see..

(loading the shot gun and glock)

:2:
I agree but since I'm against guns, where the heck is my Louisville slugger. . . it really leaves so much more blood anyway and it makes death a whole lot slower. . . :13:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
laborlitigator said:

...where the heck is my Louisville slugger. . . it really leaves so much more blood anyway . . . :13:
Just keep the splattering away from the X!:eek:

·
Registered
443 Posts
My response to SUV haters: "Get a life!", "Get a hobby", "Get a pet" or all of the above!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Can someone explain to me how we, as a country, go from "Burn Your Bras", the Civil Rights Act to radicals wanting to get rid of SUV's?!

Martin Luther King must be turning over in his grave. . .

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts