Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to replace my rack and pinion without pulling the high pressure line out with the rack. Try to avoid snaking the line back through if I can. Any tips on removing the line from the rack would be very helpful right about now. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You need a crow's foot wrench to get the lines off. I think it could be done without that, but it's a LOT easier with them.

IIRC, I just used some el cheapo (Harbor Freight?) 3/8" drive crows foot wrenches for the job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's helpful thank you. Now will I be able to get the line off the rack while it's still in the car is my next question. The rack is loose. I just can't pull it out until that line is free. And I would like to leave the line in the car if possible

·
Registered
745 Posts
Not a direct answer but a couple thoughts on related items: If you’re going through all the work and if it’s not fairly new, consider replacing the high pressure hose. You didn’t say what year but there are brands that are about $100 on rockauto with lifetime warranty.

Also, if you already haven’t, consider putting on a 3/8” magnifine in-line filter on the return line. There’s space right before the reservoir. That will help protect your new rack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts