Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 / 200,000 miles soon
would love to find a quiet set of tires
  • is this a "ha-ha - no such thing on an 2007 MDX"??
  • noisy tires symptomatic of other issue?
  • barely 2 years and 35,000 miles from Pirelli Scorpion
thanks

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Road noise seems to be a normal thing with older Acura vehicles. Acura is getting better with the newer models with acoustic glass, better insulation, and noise reducing resonators within the rims. I've always liked Cont DWS 06 tires on my 11 MDX. Much lower tire/road noise compared to OEM as the tire ages. I usually balance, rotate, or cross-rotate every oil change. That helps keep the tire noise down during entire 50,000 miles treadlife of the tire.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Not a Pirelli fan, but have you considered that with the age and miles on your car that suspension and alignment issues are contributing to your tire issue? Worn struts/shocks and being out of alignment will ABSOLUTELY shorten the life of your tires as well as cause abnormal wear patterns. Are you rotating the tires every 5-6K miles?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'm normally a Michelin fan, but the factory Michelin Latitudes were garbage in my book. Noisy as all hell by 25k miles and terrible in standing water. Replaced those with Continental LX20 that were fairly quiet until around 35k miles and progressively louder until replaced around 50k or so. Now running Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady and so far they've been the quietest of all while rolling. A bit more impact noise but not bad. Will have to see how they hold up over time...only about 1,000 miles so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts