Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday night, my wife and I went to the Pats preseason game in my MDX. At the parking lot, we stayed in the car for a few minutes while I made a couple of phone calls. I generally leave my lights on during the day, and so when we finally got out of the car, the guys tailgating next to us called to me to tell me that I had left the lights on. I told him, thanks, but they will go off automatically. Then he said, no, they have been on for a while. I told him that I had just shut off the engine. He was amazed at how quiet the engine had been.

I too have noticed how quiet it is. There are times when I am tempted to turn the key because I can not hear the engine.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Maik:

___Those guys must have placed a pretty big smile on your face!

___I have only driven the X 3 times now (all dealership drives) and don’t remember thinking the engine was loud or quiet. It must be very quiet or I would probably have noticed? Anyway, a bit OT but I remember the first time I sat in a Lexus LS400 years ago. The salesman had started the car and had us sit in it while he was going over all the options and features from the back seat. Maybe 5 minutes into the explanation, he said lets go for a drive! I immediately attempted to start the car even though it was already running. I will always remember that goof! It pays to look at the tach before turning the key nowadays, doesn’t it ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yup, very quiet!

In more than one occasion that I been victimized by the engine of my X. I thought I had turned it off already. :)
Very quiet indeed! :2:

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's quiet, but not as quiet as some other cars (Toyota Camry, for example). I was noticing how loud and metalic my X sounded this morning as I started up for the first time in 2 days in my garage.

·
Registered
331 Posts
LS400

I owned an LS400 for 7 years, by far and away the finest car ever. The engine is so quiet that you can run max rpm in 1st gear and don't know it. No vibration and dead quiet. Drove it out of the dealer showroom and never returned for unscheduled service. Total quality and the dealer was just super.

Before putting in my order for a MDX I drove the LX470, RX300, Jeep GC Outland, Mercury Mountanieer, Cad'y Escalde and a couple of others. My 1st choice, for my situation, was the 470, but, it can't be towed. Next best was the MDX. I've got an '03 on order and just hope the quality is even close to Lexus. Drove an '02 MDX for 1/2 a day and liked it a lot. Time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts