Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my baby and love it. Question, these seats are firm as a rock. I ahve owned many diff. german cars which have very firm seats also but these feel like Im sitting on a board wrapped with leather. Have others had this impression and do the loosen up over time? thks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Although I also find the seats are firm, I think the seats a very comfortable. Good support for those fast corners.

Since I only had my MDX for about two months, I can't tell you if they will soften over time. There are several high milage members here that can give you a better idea.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Yea, they soften up after a couple/few months...

·
Registered
928 Posts
god forbid they soften up... I LIKE THEM ROUGH!!!!
as theWorm mentioned they will soften abit, but not too much - the seats are excellent in long rides, especially for heavyweights like myself! i'm 6'3'/240lb - and recently had to travel 4 times in 2 weeks at 5 hours each trip - stopped only once for gas (on each trip) and never felt tired, no backaches, no 'frozen' a$$, etc! :D
if you don't have enough trim on your waist to soften the cusion, get 'self some sheepskins, just do a search in forums. ;)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
BAH?

Why wait? Get some SHEEPS! Follow link in my title, below. Plus, I stuck just a little foam under my sheep on the seat and folded a little foam to boost the lumbar. Did the same on the passenger seat too. Doesn't show, but your bod knows the difference.

My seats are so comfy. Cool in summer...warm in winter. Everyone comments on them after they ride in my chariot!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
tommyBoy,

We have found that the seats are very firm and they do not soften up much. While I respect that others have chosen to use sheeps on their seats, I don't wish to go that route.

We are probably going to takes ours to an upholstery shop and have them repad the seats. Not a terribly complex process:

(1) Remove seat cover.

(2) Replace existing foam with "softer foam".

(3) Reinstall seat cover.

Such is life ... Steven

1 - 6 of 6 Posts