Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MDX friends, I need your :1zhelp: ... kindly read and reply if you have information on this topic:

Has anyone purchased a wood shift selector/knob from Ebay before? I am interested in the knobs from the links below. The first link’s knob is bigger than the second link’s. From the pictures, it looks like the smaller knob (2nd link) wood color matches the MDX interior wood more than the bigger knob (1st link) :8:. If you know or have one of these knobs, please let me know which is a better fit in terms of color and comfort for the 2003 MDX. Thank you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33703&item=2407049775&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33703&item=2407214352&rd=1

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Pac8,
I have both of them. The smaller one is a bit redder than the larger one. The larger one being more brown. I originally had the smaller one in the X. I really liked it, then ordered the other one for the TL. The larger one was just too big for the TL so I swapped them. The thumb rest on the smaller has a nice feel to it, but the larger feels better in the X and matches the 03 wood better. BTW, the shipping is pretty astronomical IMO ($9-12). Hope this helps.:D

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got the burlwood knob from Tim and love it. True, $88.40 is more than $19.99, but at least Tim has "free shipping" (+ $2 handling fee). :)

Good luck! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Wazowski,

How good is the color match between the shifter and the dash?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
phins2rt said:
Pac8,
I have both of them. The smaller one is a bit redder than the larger one. The larger one being more brown. I originally had the smaller one in the X. I really liked it, then ordered the other one for the TL. The larger one was just too big for the TL so I swapped them. The thumb rest on the smaller has a nice feel to it, but the larger feels better in the X and matches the 03 wood better. BTW, the shipping is pretty astronomical IMO ($9-12). Hope this helps.:D
phins2rt,

Thank you for your reply and information.

Did you order the knobs from Ebay(guy from Canada)? So, you think the larger knob would be a better fit for the 2003 wood interior?

Yes, the $9-$12 is little on the high end.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Yep. Got them both from the guy in Canada. The smaller one is more comfortable but more red. The larger one looks better in the X but isn't quite as comfortable, but I still like it. However, the cheap Acura decal on the big one is starting to come off. The smaller one has the decal on the side so it isn't touched too much. The larger one has the decal on the top so it will be rubbed off shortly. I think I will like it more without the Acura decal. It is kind of annoying right now. Let me know if you have any other questions.:D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
phins2rt said:
Yep. Got them both from the guy in Canada. The smaller one is more comfortable but more red. The larger one looks better in the X but isn't quite as comfortable, but I still like it. However, the cheap Acura decal on the big one is starting to come off. The smaller one has the decal on the side so it isn't touched too much. The larger one has the decal on the top so it will be rubbed off shortly. I think I will like it more without the Acura decal. It is kind of annoying right now. Let me know if you have any other questions.:D
You have answered all of my questions. Thank you for being very helpful!!! :29:

·
Registered
326 Posts
jswift2000 said:
Wazowski,
How good is the color match between the shifter and the dash?
Hi jswift2000, my OEM burlwood shift knob is slightly darker than my OEM wood-grain meter trim. However, the color difference not too noticable unless you're really looking for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts