Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping a family member find a used MDX. They are looking at a 2015 awd w/tech and ent at a local Acura dealer. It has 28.2k miles. Asking 37,995. Seems a little high but looking for thoughts from folks here on a fair price to pay. Also, it is not a certified pre-owned. Should I be concerned that it's not certified? Anything else to inspect or think about? I did notice a service record from a few years back that said something along the lines of an electrical system check but that was all I saw on the "Autocheck" report that the dealer has attached to the listing. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm helping a family member find a used MDX. They are looking at a 2015 awd w/tech and ent at a local Acura dealer. It has 28.2k miles. Asking 37,995. Seems a little high but looking for thoughts from folks here on a fair price to pay. Also, it is not a certified pre-owned. Should I be concerned that it's not certified? Anything else to inspect or think about? I did notice a service record from a few years back that said something along the lines of an electrical system check but that was all I saw on the "Autocheck" report that the dealer has attached to the listing. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Purchased a 2014 mdx just tech with 36k miles recently for 27,500. I couldn't imagine paying more than 33-35k and that's less appealing since it isn't certified pre owned. Also ensure theres no padded dealership fees like processing, window etching, detailing etc that inflate the cost.

My truck had transmission shift issues which these trucks are known to have. They did a software update that improved the jolt/surge when the car down shifts so also keep that in mind

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a '15 with 29k miles for $33k (AWD with Tech) a couple months ago. It was from a Jeep dealer, not an Acura dealer. You have plenty of room for negotiation.

My advice would be to study the recalls and Tech Service Bulletins on this site and inspect the car carefully for them. You are still under warranty, so they should all still be covered, but best to get them dealt with while you still have leverage over dealer.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
It's always a good idea to have a vehicle checked by a decent mechanic (who doesn't work for the seller) prior to buying the vehicle. This is true even if it's under warranty in case there's an issue that wouldn't be covered by the warranty, such as damage done to the vehicle like one idiot who posted here in the past who thought it'd be great fun to 'jump' the vehicle just before turning it in off-lease (his father's vehicle - spoiled destructive child syndrome).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts