Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2003 MDX for one week today and as mentioned in my earlier post, I am having a few problems that I cannot find answers to in the manual. I have searched previous posts and find many are experiencing the same problem, but no one has definite answers.
I have not been able to find any info on the heated seats. It has been extremely cold in the Boston area and the seats are not as warm as my 2000 TL. Another thing I noticed if you shut the car off with the seat button on, it will not work when you turn the car back on. Has anyone found else found this happening? I can't find anything on the subject in the manual and I asked the dealership and they weren't sure.
Also, the camera does not work in very cold weather. Why wouldn't such an important part of this vehicle have information in the manual?
I also am not sure if this is supposed to happen, but when I try to use the camera when parallel parking, objects look extremely far away when in reality they are within inches of my car. I though the camera would be a useful aid for this type of situation, but I can't judge the distance any better with the camera.
These few minor issues, I'm sure will be resolved when the car goes in for it's first service. By then the weather will be warmer and should resolve part of it. Other than that, I love my car!!!
Has anyone found anything on these topics in their manual?
Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
for what its worth

gsacca,

in my particular case...
1. i have never had seated seats before but mine seem to heat up within a minute or two and feel warm.
2. the light of the heated seat button does go on when i start the car and the seat heats up as it would if i had pressed the button after starting the car
3. my backup camera has worked fine (we've had temps down to the teens), although once it did show a picture that had squiggly lines for a few seconds but then corrected itself

i can't understand why your service dept does not know the answer to your questions/concerns and take care of things.

good luck,

chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
There might be something wrong with your heated seat because I left mine on high and it remains on and in fact, it will get too hot for me after about 15-20 minutes and I usually turn it to low.

·
Registered
70 Posts
gsacca said:
I have had my 2003 MDX for one week today and as mentioned in my earlier post, I am having a few problems that I cannot find answers to in the manual. I have searched previous posts and find many are experiencing the same problem, but no one has definite answers.
I have not been able to find any info on the heated seats. It has been extremely cold in the Boston area and the seats are not as warm as my 2000 TL. Another thing I noticed if you shut the car off with the seat button on, it will not work when you turn the car back on. Has anyone found else found this happening? I can't find anything on the subject in the manual and I asked the dealership and they weren't sure.
Also, the camera does not work in very cold weather. Why wouldn't such an important part of this vehicle have information in the manual?
I also am not sure if this is supposed to happen, but when I try to use the camera when parallel parking, objects look extremely far away when in reality they are within inches of my car. I though the camera would be a useful aid for this type of situation, but I can't judge the distance any better with the camera.
These few minor issues, I'm sure will be resolved when the car goes in for it's first service. By then the weather will be warmer and should resolve part of it. Other than that, I love my car!!!
Has anyone found anything on these topics in their manual?
Thanks!
1. I leave my heated seats on every night I turn the car off so when I warm it up in the a.m. the seats are nice and toasty. No problems.
2. My camera 'works' in the cold weather, but I have noticed that the entire screen (navi or camera) is much darker than normal until it warms up. Being an LCD. I am guessing that the (L)iquid part is a little chilly and needs to warm up for optimal use.

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts