Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture from online. I cannot figure out what is the purpose for the little bolt sticking up, anybody can help? It is not attached to anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also here is a shot of my negative terminal. I remember that I heard something fell when I removed the battery. Just want to be sure that the negative terminal is good. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
What year is it? my terminal doesn´t look like that.
You are missing the side fuse box?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the first picture from online. Only the positive terminal is of concern here. I do not know the use of the un-used screw/bolt that is sticking upward. Thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have a 2007 and mine looks like the OP's. I don't think you're missing anything.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
^ Mine is also a 07 how come you have a different terminal than mine?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
man, you missed a lot :)
Im lost... Why my terminal isn´t the same :(

Skirmich - your engine compartment look super clean. It looks like it just came out of the assembly line.
Because it isn´t mine, Its a photo from the internet.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
These are mine (Freshly Taken today):

·
Registered
798 Posts
Got a chance to take a pic of my battery terminal.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Curious why there are 2 models... Perhaps early 07s share the terminal with other car that use that post and then change it to a terminal that doesn't?.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 08 has the post. Could be it's used in many models. When I searched Google, I saw several pics with an extra wire with ring terminal on the end fastened down to this post with a nut.
Couldn't tell if it was OEM wiring or just someone who found it convenient for powering an aftermarket amp.
It could also be for powering an add-on accessory like trailer wiring or engine block heater.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts