Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an X on order thru Damson Acura in Alabama since late October for a early January delivery.I called Steve the sales manager on Monday and he said my X came in in late December and one of his reps sold it by mistake,but not to worry he had a bead on one and would have it by the 15th. After reading several post from other members about "group buy" deals thru Baranco Acura in south Atlanta I e-mailed them for a quote Monday night just to see!Shazzam!Tuesday afternoon I get a call from their crack SALES MANAGER telling me he had a Starlite Silver/Quartz navi that just came in.We agreed on a deal and I ask if I could check with my wife and call him the next day.I talked it over with her that night ,she agreed,I then called Steve the next morning at Damson,explained the deal to him, and he said that the car he had secured for me out of Knoxville(dealer trade) was not looking good and to go ahead.I called Ted at Baranco and ask if the Silver was still available,he said that it was and I said I'll TAKE it!He said WE HAVE A DEAL and as I was about to give him my credit card number,I heard conversation going on in the background.Ted says"A salesman just came in with a deal", and so he accepted their offer.(You can bet your ass that if my deal had of been for more he would still sold it to me)I may be wrong but I think that STINKS!If I had a car coming in from this dealer I would be worried even if you have a signed deal!!
At this point I feel like buying something else.I realize that the X is hot again due to slow shipping because of the strike on the coast and at the plant but to me a deal is a deal,when the SALES MANAGER approves it!AM I wrong here!!
I wouldn't buy a toilet from Baranco Acura!!
Comments welcome!X sales will slow again!
Tom
]:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Tommyleon:

___What can I say … That s*cks! Did they have anything else on the lot you may be interested in? They told me they were getting very close to the end 2 or 3 days ago.

___Your post was just mentioned in the Chat session! Come join if you can.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wed.Nite Chat Session

Mornin Wayne!It may be to difficult for me to get to the chat room with my company computer with all the firewalls and the fact that I have to go thru the company server.I may try calling the help line to see if theres a way?I could also try using my wifes next week although she doesn't have high speed?
How does this chat room thing work anyway!
Tom:4:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
off topic

Tom,

the chat room doesn't require high speed connectivities. all we use there are in the text format. A regular 56K dialup service is good enough.

Hope to see you there next week.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You're obviously having a bad experience. Keep your head up and remember that car salesman are...car salesman. We unfortunately must anticipate a level of shadiness as part of the experience. All we can do is play the game and exercise patience. In some masochistic sense, I actually enjoyed being jerked around. When I finally hit the ceiling regarding my delivery, my salesman somehow materialized a vehicle, not the one that I ordered, and the RES was thrown in for free. Being lied to is not so bad if you know you're being lied to and it is expected. Who knows, it may even work to your advantage.

I will get better. One day you too will drive your own new MDX. Who knows, your MDX may even be jerked from beneath another unsuspecting buyer. Once behind the wheel, your bad dealer experience will fade away. It's the service guys that scare me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are You Ready for This???

Ah yes!! Another day and the saga continues!!
Hi Trixie:We didn't sleep well last night!My wife was really pissed and said "Don't every mention the word Acura again unless you're burying something".She proved it by giving me two pieces of seven day old pizza for dinner last nite and I even had to wash the dishes(she is a senior domestic engineer)
Well this AM I got a call from Steve(SM)at Damson and he said that I am getting the owners wife's Taffeta white touring with navi and will get it on Saturdayas new(its got 71 miles)!I think this was probably my car to start with(the conspiratist in me) but at this point I don't care and Steve is "the man", in my book. I think he hussled to find me an X ,and I don't think any whites are coming in till sometime in Feb.I had to argue over a few unwanted options like "Paint Sealant"which is a pack in my book,I finally traded that money for the Burl wood shift knob,thats also available thru Tim for $88.00.Running boards which I want and the roof deflector which I want.
Early afternoon I get a call from Ted and Baranco and he said he felt bad about what happened yesterday (maybe he took a look at Acura MDX Orig.) and had found me an X.Unbealivable!!! I didn't even ask what color.If anyones looking for an X he supposedly has one??
Happy now; I hope happy on Satuday!!
Tom:4: :4: :4: :4: :4:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Off Topic

Hi Jim:
Thanks for the info on the chat room I'll try it next week.
Tom

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Tommyleon:

___From Damson or Baranco? It is only two days away!

___Please reiterate what and who … Comment in the other Baranco thread as well. Ray and Clay have been up front with me to date and I hope to hear the same from everyone else!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Can't wait to hear how your soap opera ends! Please keep us posted. Hope everything works out to YOUR satisfaction - not the dealers'!:mad:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are You Ready For This

Hi Wayne:

I hope you wrote your post before reading mine!Or did I not explain it well enough?
Wheres the other post ?Is it under "group Buys"I'll gladly mention it as I think Ted(Sales Manager at Baranco)had good intentions!
How does the chat thing work?Do you guys just e-mail back and forth.I know it sounds naive but I've never been to a chat meeting/room or whatever you call it before.
Thanks,
Tom:eek:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Tommyleon:

___Yes, this saga belongs on real time chat so we can learn the details. You just log into Acuramdx.org. Hit the chat link and an applet loads. After that, you start to type with whoever has joined the channel in the box with the flashing cursor. The participants are all listed on the right side.

___Anyway, it sounds like your purchasing the X of choice from Damson who found yours mysteriously as well … Two dealers who I have had good relations with and all of this stuff gets in the way :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts