Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2018 Sport Hybrid. This is my first hybrid and I'm curious if the drain and fill procedure is the same as non-hybrids? I just wanted to be sure before I attempt this.

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
Haven't done the Hybrid transmission yet, but I believe it is similar step like standard MDX. Just make sure you use DW-1 transmission fluid for Hybrid, NOT Type 3.1 (for ZF 9 Speed).

Reactions: jpz916

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haven't done the Hybrid transmission yet, but I believe it is similar step like standard MDX. Just make sure you use DW-1 transmission fluid for Hybrid, NOT Type 3.1 (for ZF 9 Speed).
Is there anyone who can confirm this procedure yet? When you say standard mdx do you mean the same procedure as with the zf9? What generation are you talking about? I have a 17 hybrid and would like to know as well.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
What mileage y'all have for the first 7DCT service?

I have a 18 RLX hybrid (+18,000 miles) and 19 MDX hybrid (+26,000 miles) I was planning to doing the 7DCT once I get to 30,000 miles on both vehicles. Talking to other +14 RLX hybrid owner's and they strongly recommend to ALWAY change out the 7DCT fluid every 30,000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts