Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First- has anyone had to do this yet:

Adjust the valves during services A, B, 1, 2, or 3 if they are noisy

Second- I just did an oil change even though I had about 30% life left according to the maintenance minder. When I reset the oil countdown reminder, that is all I am resetting correct? The other maintenance intervals are still being calculated by the computer? (transmission fluid change, differential fluid, etc). The reason I ask is these came up fairly soon (about 15K miles), and I don't recall seeing them since- I now have about 45K miles.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
695 Posts
When you reset the maintenance minder early, you reset anything else that would have come up at the proper time too...so yes, you are missing maintenance minders by doing this.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Do you do 100% of the maint yourself or do you take the MDX in for certain 1-6 services? I do some services at other places (Discount Tires, Firestone, or local repair shop). I still go to Acura for oil/AT/sh-awd changes. I let the service manager know and they can reset the individual codes for those services that hasn't pop-up on the M.I.D. yet at +20% oil life showing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maintenance

I do my own oil changes but have taken it to the dealer for the trans and differential fluid changes. Previously when I reset the engine oil % countdown clock, I was still getting regular maintenance reminders for the other services.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts