Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I ended up with BSM's w/o a template for the installation. In looking at the instructions, it doesn't look that difficult to perform the install without using the template, if I only knew the correct distance down from the door character line. Could someone measure theirs and let me know? For those that have done the install, should I wait for the template or make the wife happy and do it now without? TIA

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed BSM on my new MDX last week. It is a "piece of a cake." I measured for you but found the distance is not equidistant from the character line along the entire length of both doors. Mine are straight and line up with each door. So, although they look good, if they are supposed to be equidistant, I didn't get them right.

The templates make it real easy to line up and get them straight. My advice (and you know what "they"say about free advice) don't put them on w/o template.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a feeling that they weren't supposed to be mounted equidistant from the character line. Guess I'll wait for the template. Thanks

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
IMHO, wait for the templates. With them, the process is relatively fool proof.

Since I was able to do it without problem, I may have just characterized myself -- :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts