Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install a new aftermarket stereo in a 2005 MDX. It has Nav and the Bose system. My confusion starts with needing a Scosche SLC-4. So when using the SLC-4 do I pick up the speaker wires bypassing the factory amp or do I wire it to the amp keeping the speakers connected? I was gonna post the manual to the SLC-4 but since my post count is too low I can't post any links

For the harness I was looking to get the Metra 70-1721.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
24 Posts
The SLC-4 sits in between the radio and the factory harness. I connected the wires coming out of the radio into the input of the SLC-4 and connected the Metra harness to the output of the SLC-4. (I have an '04 with the Nav and Bose). I can't remember what I set the switch too, but the manual should tell you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SLC-4 sits in between the radio and the factory harness. I connected the wires coming out of the radio into the input of the SLC-4 and connected the Metra harness to the output of the SLC-4. (I have an '04 with the Nav and Bose). I can't remember what I set the switch too, but the manual should tell you.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
24 Posts
BTW, I would turn all of the audio dials down initially, then slowly turn them up with the radio on and music playing. I had all of them turned up when I first connected and nearly blew out my speakers and my eardrums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.