Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mocking-DX!
a while ago you had posted an evaluation of your Kenwood KNA-DV2100 aftermarket Navi system installed in your Highlander and had mentioned that just "fooling" the parking brake wire did not make all funtions (setup) work when the vehicle was moving. Additionally you said you eventually found a way to defeat this as well

I have purchased this unit as well as the Kenwood P-907 in-dash Monitor/CD Receiver for my 2003 Corolla and have 2 questions on your experience with the KNA-DV2100

1) You mentioned you installed the antenna on the dashboard. Have you noticed below average GPS reception anytime?? (Kenwood says it's best to mount it outside).....but as you rightfully say, it does have it's many disadvantages (exposed, looks, etc.)

2) How exactly did you defeat the system so that ALL FUNCTIONS were available when the car is moving??

Thanks a lot for your help with this!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
comparison

does anyone here have the pioneer aftermarket nav.?
I'm still debating whether to buy the pioneer, kenwood or the alpine.. i really like the touch screen that the kenwood offer but there is a downside to the kenwood .. no phone number input.. the alpine heh... no 3d map.. no split screen.. and the pioneer, i never like their product..
Anyone have any opinion on these aftermarket nav..?
Thank in advance!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have the kenwood KVT910 touchscreen and the Kenwood DNA2100 NAV on my X' and everything seems to work great and up to my expectations. As for the GPS ant mount, i had it placed up front on the center end of the dash closest to the windshield inside the X' and it is just working fine. receive sensitivity is quite ok based on the number of satellites i was picking up. i could pick up as much as 7 sometimes. 3 satellites are accurate enough to get you where you want to go.

as for tweaking that feature in order for you to use your mobile video while driving i'll try to get some info from my installer how he bypassed the feature.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: Question

Thanks for your reply Mocking-DX

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dromayn said:
i have the kenwood KVT910 touchscreen and the Kenwood DNA2100 NAV on my X' and everything seems to work great and up to my expectations. As for the GPS ant mount, i had it placed up front on the center end of the dash closest to the windshield inside the X' and it is just working fine. receive sensitivity is quite ok based on the number of satellites i was picking up. i could pick up as much as 7 sometimes. 3 satellites are accurate enough to get you where you want to go.

as for tweaking that feature in order for you to use your mobile video while driving i'll try to get some info from my installer how he bypassed the feature.
Hey dromayn:
since you use the KVT-910DVD can you tell me if you can play a CD or listen to the radio THROUGH THE FACTORY SPEAKERS while AT THE SAME TIME have the Navigation system showing up on the display

Also if this is possible, can the Navi unit automatically mute the radio or CD sound temporarily and then restore it after the VOICE INSTRUCTION is done (like in the Acura's Nav)

I just got some dissapointing news that the P-907 is not capable of this :( :( ........might just have to move up to the KVT-910

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
hey dromayn,
can you and would you please post pictures of your installation of the nav and the screen. and what 's the cost of your installation and the system..

·
Registered
48 Posts
"since you use the KVT-910DVD can you tell me if you can play a CD or listen to the radio THROUGH THE FACTORY SPEAKERS while AT THE SAME TIME have the Navigation system showing up on the display "

Also if this is possible, can the Navi unit automatically mute the radio or CD sound temporarily and then restore it after the VOICE INSTRUCTION is done (like in the Acura's Nav) ||

yes, you can listen to your cd or radio and even watch DVD. if your get prompted by your voice guidance the music or the sound that is coming off from your source (DVD,CD, or radio) gets attenuated so you could here the instructions given off by the voice guidance option. the only thing i am trying find if i could integrate the factory speakers to work with the NAV unit. BTW, the NAV system comes with a tiny speaker wherein the sound for the voice guidance option come. i will try to ask Kenwood tech support about this.

as for the pictures i will post the pics as soon as everything in the setup is completed. as for the price??? its a bit expensive with the set up i have but i am really contented with it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by vicpai
I just got some dissapointing news that the P-907 is not capable of this :( :( ........might just have to move up to the KVT-910

Thanks!
Actually, on a brighter note :) :) I found out that the Kenwood P-907 is a "package" that comes with an amplifier unit called A907 which has the same "cell-phone" mute fuction as the KVT-910DVD which can be used with the KNA-DV2100 audio mute function.....Yes!! :) ........guess I'm happy again!

I've probably been on the phone with Kenwood all day long :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts