Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i use a aftermarket stereo (jvc) with the stock speaker (bose system)?? Let me know asap.. Thanks sorry im a noob.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sure.
In my 2002 I recently installed a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX in a double-DIN below the OEM screen. This maintains the climate controls (and factory nav, if you have it) while adding Apple CarPlay, HD radio, and multiple input/output options. You can also connect two cameras (I already had a backup camera running through my top screen, but you could hook one up to the Pioneer).
I think the 2-screen set-up looks cool, too.
Original speakers sound fine, especially with mpg4 files.
Sorry I can't figure out how to rotate the thumbnail.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I just found out that i have to use my remote wire from the aftermarket harness and connect to one of the wire in the factory harness that open up the speaker sound.. Evrything works now after doing that.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sure.
In my 2002 I recently installed a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX in a double-DIN below the OEM screen. This maintains the climate controls (and factory nav, if you have it) while adding Apple CarPlay, HD radio, and multiple input/output options. You can also connect two cameras (I already had a backup camera running through my top screen, but you could hook one up to the Pioneer).
I think the 2-screen set-up looks cool, too.
Original speakers sound fine, especially with mpg4 files.
Sorry I can't figure out how to rotate the thumbnail.
How did it work? I was plugging in my GROM and anything causes the factory nav (With Bose) to cut out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts