Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! First time poster. I have a 2003 Mdx (300k+ miles still going strong). I am having problems with my windshield fluid pump. It does not shoot fluid out to the windshield anymore. The passenger side wiper used to work but quit this week. It just kind of bubbles out and does not shoot. I’ve tried to unclog them and check the rubber tubing to no avail. I Searched and did not find a clear answer (would this be the result of a blown fuse maybe?). I live in Kansas City so with all of the snow I can’t drive it without this! Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
474 Posts
you can check your driver side under dash fuse panel #12 it controls the washer pump. If it is good then could be the pump itself, you can pull the washer bottle and test that it is receiving power when activated? If not it is most likely in the wiper switch itself. If power unplug the hoses from the nozzles and try to activate washer and see if water comes out! If so motor is good and the nozzles are the problem so replace the nozzles they are under 10.00 for a pair. If no water pumping then pump is shot and needs a rebuild kit or just replace it for under $25.00

·
Registered
31 Posts
you can check your driver side under dash fuse panel #12 it controls the washer pump. If it is good then could be the pump itself, you can pull the washer bottle and test that it is receiving power when activated? If not it is most likely in the wiper switch itself. If power unplug the hoses from the nozzles and try to activate washer and see if water comes out! If so motor is good and the nozzles are the problem so replace the nozzles they are under 10.00 for a pair. If no water pumping then pump is shot and needs a rebuild kit or just replace it for under $25.00
Is there a 2nd fuse for the rear pump? No wiper fluid is released for my rear window. My front is fine.

·
Registered
474 Posts
No it should be the same fuse for both as both pumps are beside each other. In that case the rear pump motor is at fault. So you may have a bad lead pull them and clean terminals on pump motor and add dialectic grease. You should confirm you have power to the power lead.... use a multi meter or simple test light to confirm power is there, if so then the motor is the problem and needs replacement unless you can clean it up and get it to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts