Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my 2002 GG MDX 3 days ago and I am considering installing a video system with a flip down screen.
I have several questions:

1. I have read where several people have installed the video player below the front seat. My first thought was that it could be easily kicked and/or damaged by a back seat passenger. Is this true? Would it face the front or the rear of the front seat? Where is the best place to install the video player?

2. I am still in financial pain from just signing my loan for the MDX; needless to say money is tight. Where can I buy a VCR, flip down screen, FM modulator and maybe some headphones of relatively good quality at the lowest price?

3. Should I have a professional install it (expensive in my area) or is it something I could have someone who is fairly knowledgable help me do it myself?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
140 Posts
Due to the amount of space under the front seat, and how small the dvd players are becoming, I wouldn't really worry about it being kick. A simple way to avoid this would be to just make a small door that folds up when the DVD player is in use so no one can kick it. This is quite easily accomplished with a 1/4" piece of hardboard and some carpet.

I'd probably do something like make a small enclosure under the seat that the dvd player actually could sit in with a door. Just an idea :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts