Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just picked up my MDX from the installers. They put a fiberglass enclosure in the factory sub location. My question is, he took out the little stock amp for the stock sub and just left it out. Now, when I got home and hooked up my JL 300/4, my radio would not turn on. It is an aftermarket Eclipse 7002. Could unhooking the stock sub amp have caused this? Does it have any kind of power connection that would keep the head unit from working? I hooked the Eclipse up with a standard Honda wiring harness. Any thoughts or is it just maybe coincidence. I am not sure where to start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Was the only thing done at the installers the sub enclosure? If so was everything working before you dropped it off?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it was a panic attack for nothing. After pulling both second row seats, to get to the brain of the Eclipse, it started working. I must have had a cable pinched. Anyway, all is fine now. The sealed sub enclosure is awesome. There is so much more clean and tighter bass with no rattles whatsoever. My installer said that he thought the box would take care of all the panel vibrations and it sure seems like it has. I have to get the pics from him and then I will post some.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
slackass said:
Looks like it was a panic attack for nothing. After pulling both second row seats, to get to the brain of the Eclipse, it started working. I must have had a cable pinched. Anyway, all is fine now. The sealed sub enclosure is awesome. There is so much more clean and tighter bass with no rattles whatsoever. My installer said that he thought the box would take care of all the panel vibrations and it sure seems like it has. I have to get the pics from him and then I will post some.
Good to see everything worked out. I look forward to the pics.:4:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts