Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Expert Help Needed

I was looking at the engine today and noticed two lines running into the engine parrallel to the intake on the right side. I also noticed on other car engines there are lines running in and out of the intake but not on the X. Are these lines the coolant lines or what? How come these coolant lines don't run into the intake like other car engines? Does this have anything to do with the ultra low emissions? If there is no lines running in and out of the intake how does the ecu know the volume of air and the temperature entering? Does it not matter to the ecu? Help me unlock the secrets of this ulev engine. :confused:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic of a CL-S Engine

The Cl-S has the tubes running directly into the intake. This car has a custom intake but you get the idea.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes, I noticed those lines too

manus1980 said:
Expert Help Needed

I was looking at the engine today and noticed two lines running into the engine parrallel to the intake on the right side. I also noticed on other car engines there are lines running in and out of the intake but not on the X. Are these lines the coolant lines or what? How come these coolant lines don't run into the intake like other car engines? Does this have anything to do with the ultra low emissions? If there is no lines running in and out of the intake how does the ecu know the volume of air and the temperature entering? Does it not matter to the ecu? Help me unlock the secrets of this ulev engine. :confused:
Yes, I also noticed spiraling lines oriented perpendicularly to the obtuse side of the phase ventilator. Other vehicles have more of a zig-zag design to these diametrically convexed lines running the perimeter of the pre-ignition circuits and through the piped bypass channels of the regulators. Other lines manifest themselves at various time and locations in the engine compartment while I am performing maintenance, but they just get so annoying that I've learned to ignore them by refreshing myself with a cold one, and all the disturbing lines seem to go away, and leave my engine at peace with itself. If I were you, I wouldn't waste too much time chasing down those lines, I think they are doing o.k.

Sorry, couldn't help it. Nobody has a clue what you are talking about because you lack specific, unique identifiers. Take a picture, draw a brightly colored arrow over the digital picture, and then compare it to diagrams in the various engine systems overviews at the beginning of the chapter inthe service manual.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Yes, I noticed those lines too

TheyCallMeBruce said:

Take a picture, draw a brightly colored arrow over the digital picture, and then compare it to diagrams in the various engine systems overviews at the beginning of the chapter inthe service manual.
Good idea, use the Acura MDX manual as a reference so we can all be on the same page. Also, throwing in another Acura model does not add any clarification.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
TheyCallMeBruce,

Hey, I was reading your post and getting a major headache. Before I got to the end, I finally realized what was going on.

This would be a good one for the riddles thread!!

Thanks for the chuckle.

:jump3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts