Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading some of the posts regarding the "surprise" 2-tone quartz interior on the SBP X. I saw the pictures posted here and it doesn't look too appealing.

Since I currently have one on order and it's due this month, I'd like to hear from the owners that actually went through with the purchase! Tell me, is there anything to like about this 2-tone design?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I would never ever ever ...

... ever (did I say ever?) order a car without seeing it first. Prior to ordering ours on 1/2/01 we test drove one extensively and got to see every color available more than once.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Typically, I'd agree, but I couldn't do it this time - probably the same for others on this forum who ordered this Fall. I can always walk away from it if I don't like it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I also had seen some pics of the Quartz interior and did not care much for it. However last weekend I went down to my local dealer who just recieved two Silver/Quartz MDX's. There was also a Havasu/Ebony to compare against. My wife and I had previously seen the ebony and liked it, however we liked the Quartz slightly better after seeing it in person. For one it really opens up the cabin making it feel much larger. The two tone did not bother me at all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
mdxer46,

We bought a SS/Quartz without seeing and we were a little surprised that the interior was 2-tone but we still like it very much. The Ebony looks slightly lighter (charcoal maybe) and it is on the top of the dash and ends at the glove compartment. The steering wheel is also Ebony which is fine because it won't show the dirt. The Quartz is great and makes the interior seem larger and more inviting. Together it is very sharp look and we have reveived very positive comments from everyone that has seen it. We would have order it if we had seen it. It is a great combination.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, that reassuring!
Glad to hear that you like the quartz.
-wjk

·
Registered
49 Posts
thanks for the info. Makes me feel better about my purchase.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Quartz 2 tone

I like it so do my sister and girlfriend. They both said it is less depressing than all black.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Link...

Anyone have a link to the quartz pics on an MDX? Did a search, but only found some CL quartz pics. We LOVE the SBP, but recent posts have us concerned about quartz.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thanks

dean_t thank you for posting the links :D I have been doing several searches but could never find the pics :confused:

I still like the saddle interior that I have the best - but the quartz would be great if the dash, door panels & steering wheel matched the seats.

I haven't seen it in person - however those that have say it looks good, so I will wait to form a definate opinion until I see it in person.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks dean_t!

Exactly what we were looking for :29:

Dunno what they were thinking with that door! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The rest looks very nice to both of us.... kinda like a dolphin!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Thanks

texrb said:
dean_t thank you for posting the links :D I have been doing several searches but could never find the pics :confused:

I still like the saddle interior that I have the best - but the quartz would be great if the dash, door panels & steering wheel matched the seats.

I haven't seen it in person - however those that have say it looks good, so I will wait to form a definate opinion until I see it in person.
You are welcome and I totally agree :werd:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Quartz Rules!

Well, maybe not "rules", but we picked up our Sage Brush / Quartz yesterday and like it very much. The quartz carpeting is very pleasant and the two tone is an over & under type of setup with the darker color above the glove compartment and arm rests around the car.

We like it. Much softer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input so far!

I am feeling much better about this color combo.

BTW, I was in a Toyota dealership today looking at some back-up choices if my MDX continues to get delayed. Gotta say that there are a number of similar interior color combos (dark on top/light on bottom) on the new 4Runners and Highlanders. I think Acura might be moving to a newer design idea along with their competitors. Just a guess...

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Quartz 2 tone

HrdTsk said:
I like it so do my sister and girlfriend. They both said it is less depressing than all black.
Ebony interior depressing?:confused: I would have thought elegant would be more descriptive IMHO, Oh well, to each their own. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts