Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this piece behind the drivers seat at the base of the pillar that has the drivers shoulder belt. I haven't been able to find a place for it and I can't find anything like it on the passenger side for compairision. So, I'm hoping someone can tell me where it goes and in what orientation. Pictures might help also.
The piece is 2.5"x2.5".
Thank you!
Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Don't know what it is, but I found a piece of plastic on the floor behind the driver's side on my wife's TL. I checked out the passenger side and figured out what it was.

When I go home tonite I'll look and see if I can find out what that is.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
That looks like the cover for the bolt that secure the seat rail to the floor. So look behind the seat where you found it and compare it to the other seat, and see its the same. Btw this happens in my Civic from time to time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
DigitalMDX:

I had the same problem when I first got my X a few months ago. It took me a while to figure it out where it came from. It is indeed as Warzau described, the cover for rear seat rail bolt. The snapping mechanism of this plactic cover of mine was broken so it came off quite easily. I had to take it down to the dealer and order a new part for this. Usually, dealers don't carry it in stock so it will take several days to get the part. That is only if yours is broken too.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Actually, it is the end-cap for the second row seat rail. There are 3 (I think) mounting the 2nd row seat to the floor (my kids kick them off all the time).

·
Registered
181 Posts
I looked and looked and couldn't find anything that looked like that on mine. I've got a 2001. Suppose it's different on an '02?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Here is the Pic

Of course your MDX obviously has an Ebony interior.

There are two end caps per rail, my kids keep kicking the 'B' end cap off (look closely at the left one, see, it's missing again!), yours is the 'A' end cap.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts