Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put my 2005 TSX back on the road and the 2006 MDX is in the garage till next fall (the 2014 MDX is used year round).

This is the first time I've stored a vehicle. Any suggestions? Should I lift the wheels off the ground, or just make sure they are rolled to different positions over the summer? Disconnect the battery, or trickle charge? Oil and filter change was done before parking it. It was washed. I'm debating getting it rustproofed (oil spray like Krown up here in Canada) so it doesn't rust away.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
You could put the vehicle on jack stands if you don’t want to move it. Otherwise I’d move the vehicle periodically to avoid flat spots on the tires.

I use battery tenders on my motorcycles and Jeep.

Fill the gas tank and add Sta-bil 360 to the tank.

Reactions: rcy

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could put the vehicle on jack stands if you don’t want to move it. Otherwise I’d move the vehicle periodically to avoid flat spots on the tires.

I use battery tenders on my motorcycles and Jeep.

Fill the gas tank and add Sta-bil 360 to the tank.
Right. Forgot about that. Tank is filled, but need to add Sta-bil. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been storing a car 6 months at a time every year for the past decade. I am sure there are lots of other things that can / should be done but the following is what I do....

I wash the car, clean the interior, change the fluids, fill gas tank with non-oxygenated fuel, disconnect the battery, and check tire pressure - I have never worried about the tires and have never found flat spots to be an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.