Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had problems with the ignition lock so I decided to upgrade/ bypass this problem and add remote start in the process.

Install went smooth and now I have remote start for the winter. ?
Also I got it to work with Amazon Echo which is awesome.
When I wake up I tell Alexa start my car and it’s nice and toasty when I get in.

Just wanted to share to let you know it can be done

F55F289C-1166-48D1-8CA8-F1FCC3D54219.jpeg 1EDB3147-9559-4593-814F-4B55C8059B85.jpeg F02EB397-A8C0-407C-9383-6A4D90E127A0.jpeg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting. I like it. Could you provide us more details? A write up on how you did all this and the parts? Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s not too complicated. But may not be for everyone.
First off is the steering lock has to be disabled.
For me this was not a big deal cause my ignition lock was bad and I didn’t care it it stayed or went.
I removed the ignition (key cylinder) completely. Most people will have to cut a key and leave it in the ignition. This will probably deter most people from attempting.

After that is just basic alarm/ remote start wiring. If you are still interested let me know and I can give you all the instructions/ resources I used along with the kit I purchased.

as for working with Alexa I have a Broadlink RM Pro and after some tinkering was able to copy my new key fob to that and use it through Alexa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’d be
It’s not too complicated. But may not be for everyone.
First off is the steering lock has to be disabled.
For me this was not a big deal cause my ignition lock was bad and I didn’t care it it stayed or went.
I removed the ignition (key cylinder) completely. Most people will have to cut a key and leave it in the ignition. This will probably deter most people from attempting.

After that is just basic alarm/ remote start wiring. If you are still interested let me know and I can give you all the instructions/ resources I used along with the kit I purchased.

as for working with Alexa I have a Broadlink RM Pro and after some tinkering was able to copy my new key fob to that and use it through Alexa.
This is awesome. I’d be interested in your resources if you could share please. Nice idea with the RM and Alexa.

I have a compustar remote start already but I’m looking to do thepush button. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts