Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone has this issue? Mine is stuck when I press the button to D or S. It's not smooth like before, some times it's normal and other times just when press I can hear a click or something stuck in there. No liquid or anything got in there so I don't know what's going on.

Car @ 90K

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mine does not make a sound. Maybe have Acura take a look at it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Out of warranty already.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm at 90K miles

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yeah, it does sound like the classic Cola On The Keyboard thing. Maybe some small item got down there or broke off inside. Probably time to disassemble and inspect.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So is it still under warranty under power train? If yes, I'll take it in to the dealer. (trust me, i never drop anything in there) lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
I used have a Grand Cherokee with the Quadra-Trac system. It’s buttons and selector knob where in the center console below the shifter and cup holders. Even small amounts of a sloshed coffee (with sugar) in there and the buttons would stick. I learned real quick how to disassemble the center console and take the selector apart and clean it. Drove me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm washing it tomorrow see if it help at all. Time to pour some water and soap to clean!!!! lol

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Damn I can't find it anymore but Acura actually released an article about this issue, but it was primarily about keeping it clean so it doesn't happen lol.

Well worse comes to worst... I've seen them used on ebay for like $50. New is like $220. 54000-TZ5-A94 (93 was replaced by 94 but you probably can find used 93s also).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Damn I can't find it anymore but Acura actually released an article about this issue, but it was primarily about keeping it clean so it doesn't happen lol.

Well worse comes to worst... I've seen them used on ebay for like $50. New is like $220. 54000-TZ5-A94 (93 was replaced by 94 but you probably can find used 93s also).
Does anyone has this issue? Mine is stuck when I press the button to D or S. It's not smooth like before, some times it's normal and other times just when press I can hear a click or something stuck in there. No liquid or anything got in there so I don't know what's going on.

Car @ 90K

·
Registered
29 Posts
You may want to get a spray can of contact cleaner and give is a spray. Have used it on sticking keys on keyboards and it usually worked, Here is a link to one of many on Amazon. Local hardware stores should have it also.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Definitely NOT use WD40 lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts