Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the purge valve solenoid does not make any ticking sound while the engine is cold but when the engine reaches it normal operating temperature it ticks and rattle s. Is this normal? Does something else make the solenoid to tick or the parts in side the solenoid are deteriorating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just noticed that the purge valve solenoid does not make any ticking sound while the engine is cold but when the engine reaches it normal operating temperature it ticks and rattle s. Is this normal? Does something else make the solenoid to tick or the parts in side the solenoid are deteriorating?

Or maybe there is vacuum fluctuations feeding through the solenoid?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Normal, it’s designed to only operate after the vehicle reaches operating temp. Regardless it’s a cheap part, if it’s worn it won’t damage anything else to let it go, then when it’s totally done it will tell you w an evap cel

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Normal, it’s designed to only operate after the vehicle reaches operating temp. Regardless it’s a cheap part, if it’s worn it won’t damage anything else to let it go, then when it’s totally done it will tell you w an evap cel

That part is not cheap, $90.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I guess that depends...I consider it pretty damn cheap. And since it won’t fail other systems when it fails, run it till u get a cel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts