Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the NY area and have seen a lot of "Auto Groups" that sell Acura's, Honda's, Toyota's etc. all under one roof. They don't have every car there but claim they can get you whatever you want. Acura dealerships have told me that there would be a 1-2 month wait for a new MDX. The auto group that I had visited said that they could get me a new X with Nav/RES within 2-3 weeks and sooner for the rest. This sounds too good to be true.

Has anyone out there purchased a new MDX or any other new car from this type of dealership? If so, are the warranties still valid? Who do I take the car to if there is problem?

I need your valuable input before I even think about sitting down with these guys.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
There's a guy I work with who bought a 2003 TL NAV from a non acura dealer and got received an unbelievable price with the warrenty still being valid.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
I don't think it should really be a problem. . . just do a background check on them

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Some of these "auto groups" are selling grey-market Canadian vehicles. Not sure if this applies to the dealer with the MDX. They usually lack the U.S. warranty, and the broker will sell them with a third-party one.

There's one not far from where I live that was importing Odysseys from Canada when the Odyssey was really hot, with long waiting lists. The Odyssey, and now the MDX, don't have the same kind of demand/supply curve as here in the U.S.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Always ask if it comes with daytime running lights or a cold weather package...

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
You can tell if it was originally built for the Canadian market by the VIN number. If so, the factory warranty is valid only in Canada (also relevant to any future recalls). You can do a search for more info on this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts