Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I purchase an Extended Warranty on 2013 MDX with Tech

Hello Everyone!

I have a question as to whether or not you guys think it is worth buying an extended premium coverage warranty that covers everything but normal wear.

Vehicle im purchasing has 28k miles on it.
Warranty cost: 2600 for 6 years 72k miles.

I am thinking that it's probably not worth it but your input would help me greatly in this decision.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Is it an Acura Care Warranty?

You still have your 4yr/50,000 miles bumper-to-bumper warranty that might still be good for a few months. You still have the 6yr/70,000 miles powertrain warranty after that. Depending on what is covered with the 6/72k warranty, you might be paying for only 2,000 miles of coverage if something breaks powertrain related.

You have to purchase Acura Care before the 4/50,000 expires. You can purchase local or on-line from another Acura dealership. On-line purchase from an out of state dealership has the advantage of no sales tax to save you an extra $200-$300.

I purchased my 5yr/120,000 miles Acura Care online for $2350:
Acura of Peoria
9190 W. Bell Rd.
Peoria, AZ 85382

Effective Date: 10/21/2014
Expiration Date: 10/20/2019
Mileage: 120,000
VSC Retail Price: $2390.00

I now have 92K on my 11 MDX and only used Acura Care to replace both seat heaters (about $300 each). I only got the warranty because of my Advance magnetic suspension. I had the fronts fail at 35K and was worried it would do it again after the 4/50K expires (planning to keep past 120K). Then, Acura provides an extended 100K warranty on the magnetic suspensions that would have covered me most of the way. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have an '07, bought it used at 65k mies. It now has 126k miles. I've had maybe $200 worth of repairs in that time. The rest has been regular maintenance (fluids, brakes, filters, spark plugs, etc.). The problems I've had to date are the sub-harness, A/C relay, mirror actuators and a sticky air blend door … all easy DIY fixes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your help. The initial warranty that I explained above was through the dealership where the vehicle currently is (not an Acura dealership). I got a quote however through AcuraCare for much cheaper 1430 for 5 years 80k without a deductible (we only plan on putting on about 12k a year). Seems like a great deal even though I may not use it but for the peace of mind alone.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Acura Care is transferable to a new owner if you sell before it expires. You can even get a pro-rated refund if you decide to cancel or sell the MDX without transferring the warranty. I know Acura Care will cover a lot more items compared to 3rd party warranties. You will be in the Acura system and the warranty info will pop-up at the shop if you have a warranty repair. The only major restriction is you have to go to a Acura dealership first and a Honda dealership second if Acura is too far or unavailable. A little harder for getting paid back at any other 3rd party repair shops.

They gave me loaner MDXs when I had my seat heaters repaired under Acura Care on two separate occasions at Acura (few days 1st time, 5 days the 2nd because they ordered wrong part). Won't find that with a 3rd party repair warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts