Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a touring with navigation in a week or two. Is the navigation system worth the price? How comprehensive is the map, ie, does it include every small county road or is it geared for metro and interstate use? Does any user out there have regrets about buying this?
Can anybody provide some typical purchase prices paid for dealer installed items, like running boards, towing package, bike attachment. What would be a typical dealer discount on these items? I'm trying to decide if its better to try to get discounted dealer items at time of car sale or get accessories later thru TIM. I guess if towing package is installed at delivery then it comes with 50,000 mile warranty. Whats the tow pkg. warranty if installed later?

It seems the dealers here (Houston) will give 1000 bucks off MSRP without blinking. Any Houston buyers with recent purchase to share what they paid? Are there any extra fees dealers try to tack on at the end that might be negotiated out? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you do a search, you could find TONS of information you are asking. :)

Good Luck with your purchase. :cool:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The navi seems to do well with named country roads out in the middle of nowhere - mostly because they are the only roads around and end up in the database. It also does very well in large cities, with good coverage, correct routing (one way streets), etc.

Where it falters is in smaller urban areas that have not been mapped (Duluth for example) - I will be driving around downtown Duluth and it will tell me I'm off-road. Fortunately, I know my way around here.

I don't recall anyone getting the nav system and posting "Gee I wish I hadn't gotten this". A lot of people have posted laments as to NOT getting it when they had a chance, and some went as far as trading their MDX to get one with NAV. Most folks are real fans of it, I personally thing it's the greatest thing since non-volatile memory.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The nav rules. Plain and simple and if your spending the $38000 for the truck stretch for the other $2000. You wont be disappointed. The camera is also a big plus.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
jswift2000 said:
... The camera is also a big plus.
Oh yeah, rub it in! :D:D I still gotta turn my head around (but I have been X'ing for 2 and a half years...) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts