Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across a very slightly used/new 02 MDX with touring pkg from Canada. The dealer is not an Acura dealer but is selling at a more reasonable price than the three local Acura dealers I have visited. The local Acura dealers are asking more than MSRP. The dealer is offering a 4 year, 60K warranty through a third party. I have inspected the vehicle and it looks new. The only item that I have found to be different in this vehicle is the AC temperature setting is in degrees C.

What should I be concerned about in this purchase? What would I receive from an Acura dealer that I would not get from the third party dealer? Would it be appropriate to ask to have an Acura dealer inspect the vehicle as a condition of my purchase? I would like to go into this transaction with my eyes wide open! :eek:

·
Registered
452 Posts
There have been tons of discussions on this topic. Search on "purchase" and "canadian" for example and you well get an eyefull.

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Warranty Concern

One thing you won't get, if it is an MDX intended for the Canadian market subsequently registered in the US, is the Acura/Honda factory warranty cover.

Before you buy, look at the 3rd party warranty carefully to determine if it mimics the original factory adequately enough to provide real cover to the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts