Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, what recommendations does anyone have. We just installed a hitch for a bike rack, but are thinking of getting a travel trailer down the road. Should I be co concerned with tyranny problems? Recall was issued at 78000 kms for my tranny, they kept the housing but replaced the guts in it. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, what recommendations does anyone have. We just installed a hitch for a bike rack, but are thinking of getting a travel trailer down the road. Should I be co concerned with tyranny problems? Recall was issued at 78000 kms for my tranny, they kept the housing but replaced the guts in it. Thanks.
Also forgot to mention I have 330,000 kms. Runs like a clean machine still!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Just a few things to ensure safe travels:

1. Make sure all 4 tires are same and have same tread depth, different sizes will cause damage to the system during extended travel.
2. Make sure rear suspension is not sagging, otherwise trailer will be hard to control.
3. Make sure brakes are in good order. Brake fluid replaced every 2-3 years, good brake pads and rotors. Depending on weight I recommend towing brake pads that are semi-metallic to help improve braking performance. Downside is noise.
4. Read the manual on how much weight is within limits, same for your tires.
5. You might want to install a better transmission fluid cooler and make sure the fluid is always nice and fresh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts