Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is a repeat post. There seems to be an issue with my passenger side puddle light not going out all the way but being very dim. Acura has replaced them once already and the brand new one is now barely visible 90 days after the install.

Anyone having similar issues or possible fixes? The driver side one is working just fine.

thx

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I apologize if this is a repeat post. There seems to be an issue with my passenger side puddle light not going out all the way but being very dim. Acura has replaced them once already and the brand new one is now barely visible 90 days after the install.

Anyone having similar issues or possible fixes? The driver side one is working just fine.

thx
Now that you know it’s not the bulb,sounds like a switch. I hope the dealer can figure it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's really weird cause the passenger side light is on but super weak so im sure its even a switch related thing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know this is a year-old post but I just noticed my X (2013 Advance) exhibiting this same issue.. Driver side is bright, I thought that the passenger had blown the bulb, but upon examining it, it's just very dim.

Did you figure out the issue/fix on yours?
Mojo

·
Registered
127 Posts
three possibilities. The switch could be corroded enough to have a high enough resistance to limit current and drop the voltage to the bulb. Second, the bulb contacts or the contacts in the housing could be corroded, with the same results. It could be a combination of all the above. The fact that new bulb worked for a while indicates to me it is the contacts in the bulb holder. either corroded or not enough contact force to give a low resistance contact that quickly turns into a high resistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts