Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick HI from the MDX Mama! I joined this forum for a number of reasons, with the first being that I love all things Acura, to include my husband's MDX. I have a very important question that may have been covered elsewhere. Simply, has anyone had an issue with the headlight producing a horizon effect versus full coverage? In essence, when I drive at night in a very dark area, everything in the top part of my visual field is quite black and I can only see the light coverage midway the visual field and on down. Literally as if the light source is cut in half. Makes my head hurt after 10 minutes. Only resolved by high beams. Recommendations?

^MDXMAMA^

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
That is called "cut off". It is mandated by law. Your headlights are working properly. If you're in an unpopulated area without street lights you would use your high beams.

·
Registered
735 Posts
With street lights you will not notice the cut-off but on roads without street lighting it’s very pronounced becasue of how bright the Jewel Eye LED’s are. In those cases you would use your highbeam which is why you have two beam levels, explicitly for this road condition.

If your low was any higher you are blinding on coming traffic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts