Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
I have a 2008 MDX with 251282 km
I removed the main driveshaft to send for universal joint repairs ( loose and vibrating at 80 km/hr) and the SH-AWD indicator per wheel on the dash still acts normally .
So I have to ask, how do I know the AWD is doing it’s job when the shaft is in?
The main shaft is now in and the vibrations at 80 are gone.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I removed the main driveshaft and the SH-AWD indicator per wheel on the dash still acts normally.
This is normal. There is no return feedback from the rear differential to the computer in terms of the actual spinning. What you are seeing at your center screen is what signal/command the computer sends to the rear diff based on the calculations of various inputs it receives from the sensors.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Hey
I have a 2008 MDX with 251282 km
I removed the main driveshaft to send for universal joint repairs ( loose and vibrating at 80 km/hr) and the SH-AWD indicator per wheel on the dash still acts normally .
So I have to ask, how do I know the AWD is doing it’s job when the shaft is in?
The main shaft is now in and the vibrations at 80 are gone.
If the vibration from ujoint or from main shaft? How did you know?

It is interesting that I happened to watch this today

So you can basically play around to eliminate the vibration yourself if it is from the main shaft.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the response addicted
I’ll have to find a way to test it though.

Qqzj , drivetrain vibrations are usually around the 80 km/hour speeds. Then just check wheels, bearings and rotating items for loose play. I found a driveshaft repair place A-plus driveshaft repair to put grease able joints on this driveshaft. Removing it and driving until it returned was an advantage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts