Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I tried searching but only came up with a thread that was never answered. My fiance and I recently purchased a home with a 2 car garage however the previous owner did not leave us garage door openers. All the instructions I read in regards to programing the homelink requires that you have the remotes to program with, but is there any way to do it with no remote? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2017 MDX Tech - Crystal Black Pearl/Black
661 Posts
you should be able to get additional remotes online (contact garage opener manufacturer), then sync them the opener (usually the "learn" button should be able to program them). Once thats done, then you can program your homelink.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No, you don't need a remote, this is all in the car manual. You press the sync button on the back of the garage opener unit itself, then you hold the homelink button for the time specified in your manual, no remote required.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
No, you don't need a remote, this is all in the car manual. You press the sync button on the back of the garage opener unit itself, then you hold the homelink button for the time specified in your manual, no remote required.
That would depend on the year of the car. From the '11 manual;

Step 1
Position the remote transmitter you
wish to link 1-3 inches (3-8cm) from the​
HomeLink button you want to program

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just purchase a universal garage door opener from Chamberlain like this one:

It runs about $30. You should be able to program your homelink by using this. Make sure you check your garage door opener is compatible. It has all the manufacturer's names, years, models, etc on the back of the packaging.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did it without the remote, there should be a button on the garage unit to brodcast the code, once you press that go into your car and program either button by holding it down for a few seconds then releasing. After that you should be good to go! I have an '08.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.