Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I ordered a Havasu Blue 2002 on 11-10-01, and am told production of MDXs in this color will begin very soon. Does anyone know when they plan on producing MDXs in this color? I have no idea if I'll receive shipment as early as February or as late as June. The dealer suggested that it might be closer to late February since I ordered a new color. But, I'm wondering if that's true if they haven't even begun employing this color yet.

I'm also wondering why acura.com hasn't even added the new MDX 2002 colors to the Website.

Later on!
~Rachel

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to an Acura dealership yesterday (Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD), and requested an update on the Havasu Blue 2002 MDX on order. They said that they are still in the process of setting up the new manufacturing plant where MDXs will be painted blue. They expected this plant to be open and ready by January, but they're now saying that it could be February or even late March before it's ready. They're still running the pipes under ground via which the paint will flow. The dealership told me that if it takes until March to prepare the plant that Havasu Blue SUVs won't be ready for delivery until June. I was totally bummed out by this, and have a call out to the salesman with whom I placed the order so that I may verify this information. My buyer's order paper says that they will deliver on or before May. I wonder if they're held to this. I was really hoping that I would receive the SUV in February... I was initially told that since most people didn't know about the Havasu Blue color that I wouldn't have to wait as long for delivery as those who ordered another color.

Until I receive delivery, I'll have to rent a car because my last car was a lease (a balloon lease where I had to either buy the car or turn it in).

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I feel like Acura *has* officially announced these new colors. Although they're not on their Website yet, Acura has been displaying the new colors in their MDX 2002 brochure since late October.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure, the lack of photos of blue MDXs certainly implies that none have been painted this color yet. We're just trying figure out exactly when they'll start painting with this color.

My Acura salesman's manager has a call out to the East Coast Acura Division mgr. in query of when the Havasu Blue MDXs will be ready. My salesman said that he would get back to me in a few days with the response. I'll let you guys know what I learn... hopefully it will be some new information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.