Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, what would you like? It can be something as simple as a bolt-on exhaust system, to a group purchase for a particular name-brand product. Let us know, so we can better assist you! :D

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
While performance & economy can go hand-in-hand they can also be mutually exclusive.

I would be interested in mods to improve normal highway driving MPG.

You must be asked this frequently, but what is your experience with warranty complications associated with intake, exhaust, and other mods? I can see a goodwill transmission consideration denied due to a few extra WHP.

I understand we are free modify at will, in or out of warranty. What is your perspective on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the afterthought:

Your focus appears to be on engine mods.

Can you look into beefing up the transmissions? Rumble strip, TC failure, and Whine issues abound with no real understanding why.

If understood, some combination of mechanical and PCM improvements would solve this and make the trans agreeable to HP gains.

·
Registered
270 Posts
CAI (Cold air intake) and Conical K&N performance filter could be good for sure, and who knows....maybe some exhausts parts that could remove restriction without having a very noisy effect that would ruin the 'class' of the SUV.

I mean....we often see good results on V-8 powered engine with these....so why not do some testing on the Japanese V6 engine too.

Any gains could be possible...?

I would also like to see some piggyback or ECU mods too, just like the FORD,GM,DODGE guys that have access to a multiple of performance ECU or programming, that would be sweet too, for us Japan V-6'ers...!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ Nice! We are actually working on a high end cool air kit that looks like it should belong on a luxury SUV. :D To be more precise, we are working on velocity and volume models right now, so expect something by Thanksgiving (U.S.) or early December.

Other than that, we'll do our best to create a smooth sounding system that is not overbearing.

Respectfully,

Tom

·
Registered
270 Posts
Some performance chip or a piggy back set-up would be nice too.....i would like to be able to tune for 2 different set-up at the turn of a switch:

Fuel economy, or.....Performance.....!

That would definitely be sweet, to be able to 'toast' some more powerful SUV on a stop light, and yet keep a certain fuel economy when you do long travels....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^ LoL! That would be nice. :D I don't think we'll get into the tuning aspect for a little while, but I'll do little research to see if there is something that we can develop for you guys in a relatively timely manner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts