Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't driven for about 4 months and the engine was not started the entire time. Once I tried to start the engine the battery was dead and I had to get a jump. Then it drove around fine. A week later now and I go to start the engine and let it run, even though I won't be driving, and have many warnings:

1. Daytime Running light may not be working
2. P0102 Engine System
3. 77 All wheel drive may not be working properly
4. 83 Vehicle Stability Assist VSA/TSC may not be working

Most of these warning would refer to if the indicator is on to take it in for service. The thing is that after the engine start the only indicator on is the oil indicator. If these 4 things were a problem but are no longer a problem would the system need to be reset to stop them from showing or do they remain there until the 4 issues are no longer a problem?

Please be specific - point form on those 4 issues (then comment on what the hell I broke just because I didn't start the engine for a few months)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
all of your issues are tied to a low/dead battery. Buy a battery tender/charger and leave it hooked up to the car. You can undo the battery for 30-40 minutes and reset all the codes. Charge the battery a bit before you hook it up to the MDX again, and be sure to keep it on the tender so it trickle charges as the mdx sits.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I reset the system on my own or must I take it in?I've dome some prelim research and have read that I could juts disconnect the batter for 30 min or so to reset the system - that said, isn't that basically what caused the issue in the first place?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured out how to reset - now I just hope that if there really is a problem, and the codes weren't triggered by the dead battery and jump start, that the codes will come back...

To reset codes:

1. press & hold the "cancel", "map/guide", and "menu" buttons at the same time.
2. use the big dial to select "xm/hip"
3. select "xm/hip ECU"
4. select "diagnostic info"
5. you then will see the list of messages, select and delete each one.
6. exit out, by repeatingly select "return" on the top right part of screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts