Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
338 Posts
Hey Redrock - picts?

Hey redrock, being as you already received your redrock, and put on the running boards, could I trouble you for a couple of pictures? I'm going to get the boards too, I think, and would love a preview. Are you adding any other options?

· Registered
302 Posts
Davegood:

Sorry, it took me so long to post pictures .... but I have a good reason.

My X: Born Nov 03, 2001. Cost: $40,000
Our Little one: Born Dec 03, 2001, Cost: priceless :)

Attachments

· Registered
338 Posts
THANKS SO MUCH

THANKS SO MUCH !!! for posting those pictures. I really appreciate you taking the time to take them and post them. It seems like you had a good sunlight day, so I could really get an idea of what it looked like with the shadows and lower light angles.

I already received the BSMs from Tim, so it was great to see what they look like on. -- Did you install them yourself?

Anyway, thanks again, and I owe you one.

· Registered
302 Posts
Davegood:

You are welcome! Actually, I didn't have a whole lot of sunlight on the day I took the pictures. Installing the BSMs is a pretty straight forward process. Just do not stick them all the way to the door. If they do not line up properly, it will be evident. I decided to scale back by about 1/4" or so to hide any possible installation defects.

Installing the side steps took about 1 1/2 hrs. I wish I had the right tools, it would have been shorter.

When you get your 'X, do post the picutes. Do not use excuses like I did :)

· Registered
338 Posts
whaddya mean?

What do you mean by:

Just do not stick them all the way to the door. If they do not line up properly, it will be evident. I decided to scale back by about 1/4" or so to hide any possible installation defects.
Scale back 1/4 of an inch from the edge of the door?

Looks like you got them installed perfectly.

· Registered
302 Posts
Dave:

Exactly, 1/4" away from the door. If I got it right, I would say, I got lucky. Work with a lot of room and be patient. As someone mentioned, do not peel out the entire adhesive backing in one step (although, I did it).

Good Luck.

· Registered
254 Posts
Now that's a thread title I thought I'd never see! Glad to know it was in jest.

· Registered
35 Posts
I too would like to thank Tim -- you are awesome! My husband ordered all our accesories from you and you were very helpful.

I had my dealer give me a quote on the bsm's just to see what they charge -- they wanted $280 -- absolutely ridiculous since you have them for $98 and I've read on here that it takes 15 minutes to install. I said NO THANKS and that I could get them for $98, they told me that was impossible and they wouldn't be OEM parts -- I gave them your web address and told them to look it up. I have a couple of friends waitng on MDXs and told them to give you a call!

By the way, I know the GG bsm's are backordered -- do you know when they might be available?

Again thanks for all your help!

· Registered
35 Posts
I'm so excited the bsm's are in -- my husband will be calling you Tim!

VA TECH -- glad to hear you like the bsm's on yours -- that was one accesory that was a must have for me. Are our twins fraternal or identical?

· Registered
5,913 Posts
Sweet

It's been a while since I've seen the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

· Registered
226 Posts
Thanson, our 'X's must be fraternal, because mine only has
rear splash guards, the cargo cover and the BSMs. I plan
to put the wood trim around the tach/speedometer area later...
I am really enjoying my Chameleon X. I have gotten to drive it for
about the past week, but this morning I am driving my other car
and I have just about punched out the left side of the driver's
floorboard, trying to put the emergency brake on with my foot......
I noticed the new Camry XLE has the foot emergency brake too,
so I might have to upgrade cars,
just to get the same type of emergency brake...:)

· Registered
74 Posts
I also would like to Thank Tim for all the "problems" I've had(and hope - will) with you and for the card with wishes - same to you!!!(such problems and warm wishes)

My main wish - I have only such kind of problems always!

My 'troubles" are different though from those in initial post: I got my car first, was happy to get accessories two days after I placed an order and now need to find out free time to install r-boards (thanks to the board - a lot of helpful info about it). The easiest to "install" was cargo-liner. Great item, btw, highly recommend it to those who use cargo-space and care about the car - completely covers side panels and back one as well as backs of the seats.

As I understand GG moldings and roof-racks for '02 are in, so I'm gonna be asking for more troubles soon....

Tim if you still need some help with the translation you mentioned on the phone - I have a co-worker who knows the language and can try, so let me know.

Best Holiday Wishes for all the board's participants too!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.