Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done ordering my new white X.. ordered almost every possilble exterior addon other than the front air deflector and the sunroof visor. The visor I really did not want, but I did want the deflector to help protect from nicks and scratches, but my dealer told me that they've removed 3 of them so far this year from 2002 MDX's because the rattle and make a noise at high speeds. I was wondering if this was true or if anyone has any experience with them.

I am planning to order them online to try them out, but I wanted to know if it will be worth it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the ACURA nosedeflector installed on my MB. Unfortunately, I had the delaer remove it beccause it was an absolute piece of crap. The rattles are true, and even worse, it would start towhistleeven at city speed.

Not only that, these things are HUGE(!!!), tinted green ( when every thing else on the X is smoke- black) and are not very attractive when installed.

Plus ACURA wants $300 ( CAN ) for them.If I were you, get the FormFit from TIM. They are way better and look great when installed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Use Tim's

Do a search on this site for MDX's that have the front air deflectors. They ALL use the aftermarket one that Tim sells. From what I've read, it is low profile and has no wind noise.

My 0.2 cents worth.

rflagg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank for the info.. one last question if you don't mind.. since I'm new to the group, does tim have a site where I can go to so I can order the front air deflector? Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Honda Acura World

His prices include shipping. You will not find a lower price anywhere!

rflagg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts