Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I start my MDX the Check Engine light flashes for a few seconds. Then it goes away. Should I be worried? I don't really remember when it started happening but it was a while after I got my oil changed at the dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I noticed the exact same thing with mine about a week ago. Then right at 7500 miles it came on and stayed on. This must just be a service reminder. I am going to change my oil again this weekend and I will look to see how to reset the light.

How many miles do you have on yours?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have about 7800. I think it IS a service reminder. I got my oil changed at 6k miles though so the dealer might have forgot to reset the light.

·
Registered
818 Posts
JR8 said:
I noticed the exact same thing with mine about a week ago. Then right at 7500 miles it came on and stayed on. This must just be a service reminder. I am going to change my oil again this weekend and I will look to see how to reset the light.

How many miles do you have on yours?
Look in your owners manual, it is very easy to reset your check engine light.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, it'd the Maintenence Required light not the Check Engine light. Every time I start the MDX it flashes about 5 or 6 times and then it goes away.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
The Maintenance Required light flashes a few times when you start the car, starting at ~6000 miles into a 7500-mile change interval. At 7500 miles, it comes on and stays on. As I recall, the Owner's Manual mentions this.

The Check Engine light, if it comes on other than when you're starting the car, means just that: CHECK ENGINE!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
frostyra said:
The Maintenance Required light flashes a few times when you start the car, starting at ~6000 miles into a 7500-mile change interval. At 7500 miles, it comes on and stays on. As I recall, the Owner's Manual mentions this.

The Check Engine light, if it comes on other than when you're starting the car, means just that: CHECK ENGINE!
Whodda thunk it --warning lights that actually WARn as opposed to just coming on "when it's too late"...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts