Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there is a feature to read text messages and/or emails when they arrive. Not sure if it was only in my car, but the emails won't popup or be read out, however, the text messages are read out.

Is there a configuration that I am missing - it all worked fine (both email and text) in a 2015 TLX loaner seamlessly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd be curious of anyone else can comment who uses the feature - after testing out the text message reading once, I disabled it. I drive with too many guests to have them hear the messages that are sent to me. As for reading emails, I didn't know emails were even an option - granted, I have something like 15 email accounts, so that's another distraction I don't need on the road.

While you've tested this, do you know if there's an option for various voices for reading these messages?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I've only ever had texts work.

That being said, the TLX head unit is slightly different than ours. It seems to be newer with more features (like HDMI input).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But the fact is in the nav screen / gui it does state 'email' and text messages! Another software bug i think

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Oops I meant to say, I've never had EMAILS work. Texts always work. But like Tesh, I turned it off. Doesn't actually help me any and I prefer to just check my messages after I park.

Btw, what phone are you using?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think there is a feature to read text messages and/or emails when they arrive. Not sure if it was only in my car, but the emails won't popup or be read out, however, the text messages are read out.

Is there a configuration that I am missing - it all worked fine (both email and text) in a 2015 TLX loaner seamlessly.
Only texts work for me, thankfully. Having emails pop up would be annoying. Especially if an email came in from an ex girl friend while the wife was in the car.

To check emails, I use the Siri function in the Acura. Press the talk button on the steering wheel and say "check email" and you get a summary of your emails read to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts