Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be an optical illusion, but it seems like the grey bumper trim on my black 'X is a lighter grey than the bumper trim on say a silver 'X. Here's a pic below of the part I'm talking about. Maybe on lighter colors the trim just looks darker :confused: If it is darker, I'm thinking it would look better to have the darker trim on my black 'X. BTW, that's a freshly installed DrawTite hitch (pain in the bud to install) on my 'X While I was doing the install, I saw what looked like 4 bolts that were holding on the grey trim in back, so it looks like it would be an easy part to take off and either repaint or swap with the darker one if such a thing exists.

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
That's strange Gator...you're right, it does look darker on mine than your pic. BTW, why are you pix so grainy? Image size?

I'm going into the dealership next week, so I'll try and do a comparo with mine against another color...

Rob :cool:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Robyjo, those pics are actually stills I pulled off of a 5 year old camcorder, so the res really sucks. Plus the sun was setting. Here's a pic of ghost's 'X and remery's tootsie roll. Almost looks like remery's trim is lighter than ghosts, but it's hard to tell with the bumper guard. Or maybe the darker color just makes the trim look lighter?

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hmm...either this is an optical illusion, or you're onto something Gator. Although I think with Marne's it's that his pic is darker...

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts