1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From www.hondanews.com

highlights:

All-New 2003 Honda Accord Prices Increase Just 1.4 Percent

Civic prices will increase an average of 0.9 percent or $150. Odyssey prices increase an average of 0.55 percent or $150

best-selling Accord model, the LX Sedan equipped with a 4-cylinder engine and automatic transmission, is priced at $20,000, an increase of $310 or 1.57 percent.

The Accord V6 LX, the best-selling V6 powered model, will carry a pricetag of $23,000, an increase of $400 or 1.77 percent

Destination and handling charges remain unchanged at $460 for all vehicles

WOWIE WOW WOW -- nothing even went up 2%!

2% of $39,800 (Touring Navi) == $40596 !!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
This <a href="http://www.hondanews.com/Forms/honda/*ws4d-db-query-Show.ws4d?*ws4d-db-query-Show***003264***-wieck_media***-***honda(directory)***.ws4d?honda/results(r)_text.html">link</a> is to Honda's pricing for the new Accord.

·
Registered
214 Posts
wmquan thanks for that pricing link. We are thinking about getting an EX v-6 with leather and navi that's close to 28 grand, which puts us in the range of a TL. What do you guys think of getting the loaded honda vs. the TL?:)

·
681 Posts
I Liked the TL

Can't speak to the Honda but I did drive a 2003 TL yesterday which (believe it or not) was a loaner while I was getting a freebie repair. It was SWEET ! Handled great and you had to love those glove soft leather seats. I did miss having a Nav but it is an imperfect world after all;) If a Honda Accord can match the TL then it must be a mightly nice car indeed.
Meep Meep

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
gokings55 said:
wmquan thanks for that pricing link. We are thinking about getting an EX v-6 with leather and navi that's close to 28 grand, which puts us in the range of a TL. What do you guys think of getting the loaded honda vs. the TL?:)
I assume that Acura will have a TL based on the new Accord within several months. Maybe as an early 2004 model (e.g. early next year). That should have all the Accord updates and more. One rumor has the new TL having the Euro-Accord styling which, IMHO, is much better than the 2003 Accord.

It's a tough call if you are buying today. The 2003 Accord has some nice goodies you can't even get on the TL. Crash protection should be as good if not better than the TL, plus the EX V6 can be bought with side curtain airbags that you cannot buy with today's TL. The TL's interior will still be nicer, as roadrunner has pointed out, and you get the extra year of the warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts