Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first post. i am in the market of getting a MDX in the tri-States area in a couple of months.
What's the reasonable price? i went to a dealer in NYC, they asking over msrp????
I am sure this is a very informative form for all MDX owners and potential owners..
Thank you very much for comments and your experiences..

Ray

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
try the island dealer

Try any dealer on long island except valley stream which is above the msrp. Rally motors and there are two out east should be selling at the msrp price with a wait of approximately 6-8 weeks. If still have trouble try to email me to assist. The options you may want to install yourself or at a shop after you buy, the dealers are charging alot for them. there is a website listed on the website that has great deals, his name is tim. I'll try to track it and get back to you. You should be able to get at msrp, probably not any better.

·
Registered
107 Posts
AcuraMDX123 said:
Hi all, this is my first post. i am in the market of getting a MDX in the tri-States area in a couple of months.
What's the reasonable price? i went to a dealer in NYC, they asking over msrp????
I am sure this is a very informative form for all MDX owners and potential owners..
Thank you very much for comments and your experiences..

Ray
Start visiting dealerships now.. if you are familiar with LI, there is Rallye in Roslyn
Valley Stream acura
Island in Wantagh
Hillside in Bayshore,
and Smithtown Acura,

I would call around and possibly visit the dealerships in person... it seems that be best deals have been msrp with no forced options... some dealerships charge over msrp.. others charge msrp but require that you purchase options from them.. in my case, Island sold me an '02 with roof racks and side steps.. i found out that when i went to pick up the car, they were charging me more for the options with the purchase of the car than if i purchased the car elsewhere and bought the options from them.. doesn't make sense but my complaining got me little..

Many folks on this site have put deposits down at several dealers with the dealer able to deliver first getting the deal. just make sure that your contract says in BIG BOLD LETTERS THAT THE DEPOSIT IS FULLY REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON. also you may want to put the deposit on a credit card so that you have someone else to fight for you if for some reason the dealer tries to hold onto your deposit..

hope this helps.. good luck on your search..

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try Pa and DE dealers...

Forget Tri Stste area dealers!!! At least when I was looking around for our MDX back in Oct 2001, all dealers in the Tri State area quoted me ABOVE MSRP or overpriced accesories. Went to Pa and got one for MSRP. It was a 2.5 hour drive but the whole deal was a lot better than "Take it or Leave it" attitude that the Tri State dealers gave me. The drive was LONG but a pleasure driving the 'X back.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: Try Pa and DE dealers...

NaNaLi said:
Forget Tri Stste area dealers!!! At least when I was looking around for our MDX back in Oct 2001, all dealers in the Tri State area quoted me ABOVE MSRP or overpriced accesories. Went to Pa and got one for MSRP. It was a 2.5 hour drive but the whole deal was a lot better than "Take it or Leave it" attitude that the Tri State dealers gave me. The drive was LONG but a pleasure driving the 'X back.
I absolutely agree. I'm in NJ and went to Ardmore Acura, near Philly. MSRP....no forced accessories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts