Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be the basic format for the long-overdue upgrade to the Hondacuraworld site. Software changes are in the works, my new software is in the development stage, and will be implemented when it is done. Whaddayathink? :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
I see what you are trying to do

Be careful folks, I think Tim is just making us spend more for our MDXs and Hondas. No dice Tim, with your prices and personality we are already spending way to much. Kidding aside, Very NICE!!! It has that Hypnotizing effect that say "Come In. Spend lots of money in here".

·
Registered
595 Posts
HI..

I'LL BE THE JACK ASS HERE AND TELL YOU THE UGLY SIDE..

CAUSE WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT IT.. EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY SAID..

I WONDER ABOUT THE TRASPERENT MAN.. MAYBE A ROBOT IS
BETTER IN THAT CASE?.. NOT A 3D MODELED MAN?
IF MAN HAS TO BE THERE.. MAYBE TAKE IT FROM A PIC?

THE TYPE "ONE THING IS CLEAR" SHOULD BE TAKE DOWN MORE..
.. MAKE IT LIKE 60% TRASPARENT.. SO IT WON'T FIGHT WITH THE
ACURA LOGO..

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING..

MAKE YOUR LOGO! DON'T JUST USE ANY TYPE..YOU HAVE TO
MAKE YOUR OWN TYPE DESIGN SO NO ONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME..
AND MAKE IT' THE 1ST READ OR 2ND READ..

IN THIS CASE.. IT'S A COOL PAGE.. BUT THE WEB ADD KINDA SAY
"IT'S JUST ANOTHER SITE" NOT "THIS IS THE TIM'S SITE!"..

LET ME KONW IF YOU NEED HELP, OR IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I SAID..
BAD COMMAND IS ALWAYS A GATE TO LEARNING NEW THINGS

MY 4¢

^__^

·
Registered
81 Posts
You know there IS a button to turn off caps lock...

But overall the picture is nice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
Software changes are in the works, my new software is in the development stage, and will be implemented when it is done. Whaddayathink?
This will probably be taken care of by your software changes, but I've never been able to load your home page. The main frame (main.html) generates a browser error. It doesn't bother me too much, since I do get the menu frame and can get to the stuff I really want to see.:p

Also, it would help to simplify your menus. Right now you have to know to go to the bottom menu to find TSBs, etc.

- Conrad

·
Registered
594 Posts
What about honda

My only other thought is that you might want to include a honda logo or something there. I mean, the site is hondacuraworld, but I only see an acura logo.

You don't want to have the CRV/S2000 accessory buyers think that the site is all Acura...

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know, I was going to have the logo flash between both Honda and Acura, kind of in a fade. Hopefully a mockup of the homepage will be up after the weekend.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tim,

At the risk of sounding like a total idiot, I see the picture much better here at home than I did at work today. (It seems the contrast settings in my monitor at work are not set all that well...) Maybe have the designer "remember" that not everyone has high-quality, properly configured, appropriately cared-for equipment. When we talked on the phone today, I hardly saw any of the detail I see here at home...no wonder you sounded so surprised that I couldn't make out the body position. I must have sounded like the village idiot. My point is, "clearly" that the designer needs to make sure that only a small percentage of folks can't "see" the graphic properly.

As for the guy laying down, I still like my idea of rotating him 90 degrees to the right, flattening out the palm to the sky, and looking up at the symbol...I guess Olympic images are still somewhat fresh in my mind...anybody else like that idea?

With those couple of things said, I think it's great!

Although its been said in different threads, thanks for the great customer service you provide...fortunately, I don't have to encourage you to keep it up!

The third guy you're going to hire to help out at hondacuraworld, what does that position pay? I will be looking for a retirement job here in a few years...

Have a great weekend!

jnbsdad

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Great but ...

Tim,

Ya done good guy. The ONLY thing that would make me happier would be if the aluminum wheel looked more like one found on an MDX !!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
How about no more frames?

That would enhance the experience

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
jnbsdad said:

As for the guy laying down, I still like my idea of rotating him 90 degrees to the right, flattening out the palm to the sky, and looking up at the symbol
I agree with jnbsdad.

I also think you need to get both the Honda & Acura logos & identify your own logo so people know it's your website. Right now it's rather obscure.

my 2.5 cents :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
13 Participants
texrb
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing