Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that AT-205 Re-Seal can preserve rubber bushings on all suspension parts. Given the amount of rubber in our cars that sort of makes sense. Has anyone got any real life proof of this. My control arms bushings already look like this.
Automotive tire Sculpture Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Tread Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
567 Posts
I used AT-205 reseal in my 1997 Honda Accord to stop engine oil leak. Though it did not completely stop the leak, it did reduce by over 50%(may be more). AT-205 supposedly rejuvenates seals and rubber, Scotty Kilmer suggests to use it on bushings to stop squeaks. Not sure if it protects them though.

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX Advance SH AWD
199 Posts
I'm not sure. Just looks like buildup/gunk to me. You could always use Vaseline. Or motor oil (synthetic). I wonder if Johnsons paste wax would protect. I've seen Jeep guys who cover their ball joints, rod ends, bushings in thick jelly like oil. Looks like absolute garbage but highly effective. I'm glad you brought that up. That reminds me to take my chrome crossbars off for the winter this weekend so they don't rust. (Cheap foreign steel that rusts).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts