Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a 3 row SUV and the Acura MDX line-up caught my eye. Of course buying a brand new car would give me a better peace of mind but looking around dealerships, I see that I can get a 2018 MDX-Tech pre-owned for about the same price as the base model MDX 2019. Are there any significant changes in the 2019 model that would warrant it a better deal than the 2018 MDX-Tech? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Purchased a 2011 Tech in 2013. It was just about two years old w/ 20k miles. There have been a handful of issues (all under the Acura Care extended warranty) but the MDX has been very reliable and is still going strong in 2020 w/ 92k miles. It now serves as our teen daughter's car...well, until she heads off to college and then her younger sister will inherit it. Personally, I would get the 2018 w/ features and contact Hyannis Honda and add an 8/120k Acura Care warranty. Our MDX is still under a $0 deductible warranty for another few months....best $2k I ever spent.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Are they both sh-awd? The MDX will handle better and drive smaller with sh-awd with only a 1 mpg hit compared to the fwd version. Pretty much the 18-2020 model years of the MDXs in the base and tech versions are the same. The 17 MDXs don't have Carplay and the older touch screen graphics. Acura added the Active dampers to the 3.5L adv models (I think) in 19.

I would go for the 18 Tech model for the updates like power fold mirrors, BSI with Cross traffic alert, remote start, 20" tires, rear door smart key, Navi, etc... The power fold mirrors are really nice for tight parking spots and a quick double-check to make sure the MDX is locked up. Remote start has been great for winter (especially if you add the heated steering wheel).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts